The Window


You have been there all this while,
Without moving anywhere, to change in style,
Oh! how will you move?
You are just another non-living creature,
merely a window, existing for the sake of it,
in every house or building or office or car;

But The Window,I am talking about,
does not exist 'merely,'
It is The Window, that has shown me everything

A tree stood tall outside it,
13 years ago;
It still stands tall,
only the leaves wither away every new season;

It is the same window, that has accompanied me
when I was low or happy;
I stared out of it into the sky
imagining where my life will be years down the line,
penning down some memorable poems, or
the love letter;

It stayed there, while my life moved from
childhood to adulthood;
I cried sitting next to it,
when I was reprimanded,
I cried sitting next to it,
when I missed my love,

The Window, is still there,
only the things outside have changed,
so has changed my equation with it,
I no longer sit everyday beside it,
For, I no longer live in that room,
Yes, this window, was a part of my room,
where I grew from a child to an adult,
from a school kid to a college youth,
from a spinster to a married woman;

The last I saw The Window,
it was still the same,
the curtains,
the grills,
the paint,
the panes,
The only change was,
the people and its surroundings,
the life and its phases.

Comments

  1. It is so poignantly beautiful. Reminded me of my own window of my room in the Delhi house. There is a quaint relation we share with our very own window(s). As you rightly said, it is like a companion to whom to go to during our times of sadness and longing. And no surprises, the 'window' truly becomes, the window to our soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Am glad i could connect my emotions with everyone reading it. Thats what writing is all about. Isnt it?

      Delete
  2. beautifully written sneha :) it made me stop and think about my life and how things have changed over the years .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice dear...
    Indeed the depth can be seen and felt...
    God bless... Keep up th good work of expressing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. a remarkable one sis!!!! so beautifully u hav placed the phrases that i can imagine the whole scenario in my mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is precisely what i wished to do. Connect with the readers.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The city moves on

A RANDOM THOUGHT

Where there is hope, there is belief