The Wintry Night

Source
The night that was so wintry
The cold breeze brushed aside my hair
I looked around and saw a few
Comforting each other
With an embrace that I longed for
Then and there from you
From your body, your warmth
I tried embracing myself alone
Tears welled up in my eyes
Noticing a bystander staring at me
I pretended to feel cold
The bystander smiled as if
He understood what I faked
Putting his palm out in the cold air
He turned around, and walked
Taking out his white walking stick
A woman walked past and held his hand
I stood their watching as the two
Embraced in the comfort of that night
I stood their watching as the two
Disappeared into the dark wintry night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The city moves on

"Madam, Aap bohot Kismat Waali hain...Pehla Bachcha..Aur Wo Bhi Ladka..."

Two States- The Story of "Life After" Marriage