Adios 2014, Hola 2015!!!
They say what you do / what happens to you, on the first day of a new year, goes on for the entire year. I do not know how far that's true or could possible have anything to do; but there is no other better way (I guess) to start the new year with, than doing what you love the most. So, here I write the first post for this year wishing you all a very very Happy and Prosperous New Year.
I am sure what's gone has gone for the better and what's arrived has arrived to make your life best. The year that's gone by has surely had its own set of happiness and love, ups and downs, positives and negatives; let's hope this new year will bring in a serenity that you may have desired all through the past year. Here is something I wish to share with you all, which if you like, are most welcome to follow :-)
1. DO NOT make any resolutions. Live each day to its fullest. No need for short-term or long-term goals even. Simply let each day takes its own course.
2. Work, if you do, but spend time with family too.
3. Make new friends, but don't forget the old ones.
4. When in doubt, simply strike it out. Not happy with something? finding it hard to come out of it? Think. Think. And Think some more. But simply let it go if you have even an iota of a doubt about the result.
5. Don't work too hard towards mending things that may not benefit you at all. Sometimes, we have to be selfish and take things in our own hands.
6. Live for yourself and for those who really matter to you and care for you. There is no point in banging your head against a wall. As a result, you get hurt the most while the wall stands tall.
7. Don't burn your heart out because of people, circumstances and situations. Mind you, you are a loner even in a crowd. "All the world's a stage. And all the men and women merely players." -Shakespeare
8. Learn to ignore especially those who have an uncanny habit of annoying you to the core. No need to bite a dog, if it bites you.
9. Feel blessed about all the gifts that the almighty has bestowed upon you. Even the air that you breathe, is a blessing.
10. Be grateful to people who help you in need/distress. They were there beside you when the whole world turned their back on you. Be good to them. They will be with you forever.
I do not know how far I will be able to do these things in person. But the very thought of writing it and sharing with you all makes me feel I have climbed one step towards achieving it.
The past year brought with it the most memorable and most forgettable moments for me. I would definitely want to chuck the latter, for my good. However, it isn't as easy as it may sound. If not completely shunting it out, I can work towards "forgetting" the bad/worse of 2014. Let's hope I succeed in that. Let's hope even you all succeed in doing so. Stay Happy, Stay Blessed.
Ending with a few quotes, which I loved and I hope you will too.
"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment." Marcus Aurelius
"Pure gratitude is a state of giving. When you are in a state of heartfelt gratitude you are radiating a powerful electromagnetic field around you. The radiations from you are so pure and powerful that they touch all those you come into contact with. The effect on others who receive what you are radiating would be impossible to trace- the ripple effect from one person to another never ends." The Secret Daily Teachings