So They Say...

So they say, quit and sit back,
it isn't your day;
I say then when will it be if not today?
Shedding all inhibitions,
I embark on a new road.

I walk two miles,
only to witness a giant rock
blocking my way;
So they say, it's time you
tread on the return path.

I refuse to look back,
climbing the rocky terrain,
beads of sweat trickle down my forehead,
I keep up with the pace,
a thorn pierces the skin on my toe,
So they say, it's time for me
to abandon all that I had begun.

Abandon was a word,
I had never heard before,
fighting back with zeal,
was always what I was told,
Yet they said, gone is your time,
so is your luck, so is your chance,
Why hold on to things
that you shall never pass?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where there is hope, there is belief

Home Delivery Review of Lunch Pi, Perungudi

The Window